Lili is one of those people who is at the heart of the music and festival scene here in Sydney, NSW & overseas. Lili also hosts Sunday sunset parties on Shelley Beach in Manly during the summer months, where everyone dances and collects litter on the beach. It's a must-do activity in Sydney. So I had to go back and ask her some more questions and get more tips on where you can see her and what's good to follow in the music scene here in NSW.
DJ Lili Joy's pages in the Word of Mouth Guide NSW are some of the most popular, and ones that seem to draw people in with interest. It's great to explain that we also interview a lot of locals in the know of secret spots and activities around Sydney & NSW.
- Sydney Park - Reggae Music (every first Sunday of the month best Reggae DJs with turntables and big sound system playing all afternoon in an open door gathering)
- Shelly Beach, Manly with Leave No Trace Celebration (Internationals and Local DJ's coming together educating the community how to party in nature responsibly). This is featured in the book, and is one of the most popular pages! Essentially people come to the beach at sunset and party to amazing tunes and pick up litter and rubbish to keep the beach clean
- Good Bar, Sly Fox, Civic Underground and SASH (Best venues in Sydney for underground electronic music)
- Kundi Club Drug-Free Alcohol-Free Friday night dance event (starting from 18th of May, every Friday night for 7 weeks in a row, the incredible Kundalini event run by Hayley Melrose)
- Club 77 (The equivalent of Breakfast Club in Melbourne). Amazing underground venue in Sydney opening the doors at 5 am on weekends and Monday for music lovers early in the morning
DJ Lili Joy @djlilijoy playing at the sunset summer parties on Shelley Beach, Manly.
To check out her amazing tunes check out soundcloud.com/lili-joy