Yay finally after blood, sweat, and tears the book is finally ready! This was a giant project, from having the idea, then going on to managing a group, actually making the book (that was a big one!), each page earnestly put together by the team. There were so many elements I hardly thought about such as working with a printer, legal agreements, learning accounting software, motivating myself and others that we got this. It has been a looong process. To all the amazing people who have supported us from day one, we're really excited to finally share the book with you and also thank you for your patience.
It took a year longer than expected but now it's finally here we are really happy and excited to keep on collaborating and growing the project.
Here are 5 things you might not know to expect in the book:
1) It's focused on actives and tips to get you out and about. Our team of experienced NSW adventurers, have grown up here or spent a lot of time exploring so they share everything from split boarding, camping, surfing, road trips, history, mountain biking and ocean swimming.
2) Each chapter we interview locals and ask the things they most enjoy in their area and NSW. Here is where you find a lot of the gems, those little cafe's, lesser known beaches or stand up paddle board routes.
3) The book was made totally on our own by a group of 14 merry people all in our spare time, we created it from a room in Bondi and spent many days, weekends and evenings agonising over details and battling to get it finished.
4) The Inland chapter is my favourite, as for me this chapter shares so many gems and shows how truely amazing NSW is as a landscape and a place.
5) We are about sustainability and local charities. In the book you will also get some tips of how to make sure your being mindful when on your adventures. We support Homeless Support Inc, a local homeless charity, & Mountain Critter Cause an endangered pygmy possum in the Snowy Mountains.